Messingham Horse & Foal Show Ltd (MHFSLtd) is registered with The Information Commissioner’s Office – ICO Ref: A8996743
As a not-for-profit volunteer run community group MHFSLtd puts you at the heart of everything we do. Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence by handling your personal information with respect and putting you in control.
It’s important that you know what personal information MHFSLtd holds about you, and how we use it.
We’ve done our best to make this explanation short and easy to understand. However, if you’d like further information, or have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we make major changes to our privacy practices, we’ll let you know. If necessary, we’ll also ask for your permission.
Our Privacy Notice has been designed with you in mind. How the notice applies to you will depend on the way in which you interact with us. For example, if you:
- purchase a ticket to Messingham Show or Messfest, we will use the information you provide us to fulfil our obligations to you in delivering that service, and, where you’ve told us to, keep you up to date with matters that may be of interest to you; and
What information we have & where we get it
When you purchase a product from us (such as a ticket), we will collect your contact and billing information.
- When you purchase tickets / wristbands / other, we will receive your information. This includes your name, contact details and ticket purchase information, such as number of tickets bought.
- When you tickets / wristbands / other we may collect your information via cashless payment.
- When you use our website, we collect information such as the browser and device you’re using, your IP address, your location, and what you did and didn’t use our site for. For more information on how we collect this information, see our cookies policy.
- When you use a social media feature within our website and you post to social media platforms, the social media site will provide us with some information about you.
- If you have accessibility requirements, we want to make sure you have the best experience when attending our events. To do this, we need to collect details of your requirements (which may involve you providing information about your mental or physical health).
For the performance of our contract with you
We use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example to buy a ticket / wristband / other) so we can:
- process your order
- take payment, and
- provide you with customer support.
For our legitimate business interests
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps improve and customise our products and services.
- For marketing purposes, unless your consent is required – see below.
- To send you customer service emails including booking confirmations.
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour, to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, making sure tickets get into the hands of real fans. As such, we may use your information to prevent ticket touting, misuse of our intellectual property, fraud, or other crimes.
Where you’ve given your consent
- To contact you with information or offers regarding our upcoming events, products or services – this may be via email, via push and web notifications, via SMS, or social media platforms. You can change your marketing preferences at any time – see below.
- To deliver tailored advertising and marketing communications on our websites and apps (see our Cookies Policy for more information).
- To process your health data to meet your accessibility requirements, where specifically required and explicit consent is provided.
Who we share your data with and why
Within the MHFSLtd ‘family of companies’ who provide services for us such as marketing, reporting and technical support.
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our products and systems are built.
- Third parties who provide goods and services purchased by you (e.g., merchandise) so that they can process and fulfil your orders.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies were permitted or required by law.
- Any successor to all or part of MHFSLtd.
Where you have given us your consent, you can withdraw it by doing the following.
- To stop receiving our marketing you can change your preferences by following the unsubscribe instructions in any of the emails we send you or contact us and we will do it for you via email@example.com.
You have rights over how your personal information is used including:
- The right to object to our processing of your data.
- The right to request that your information be erased or restricted from further use.
- The right to request a copy of the information we hold about you.
- The right to correct, amend or update information you have given us.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have security measures in place to protect your information. The security measures we use will depend on the type of information collected.
We only keep your information for as long as required to provide you with the services you request, for the purposes outlined in this policy and for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
If you have any questions about the above, or our approach to privacy our Data Protection Officer is here to help via email@example.com
There’s also The Information Commissioner’s Office – ICO although we encourage you to try and let us help you first.